Person centred support at home
Delivering a tailored care plan with a person centred support approach is the Assured Quality Care way
Our local home care services are tailored to suit individual needs. Matching each person’s needs and aspirations is important to ensure that personal outcomes are met.
A person centred planning approach means that we ask two very fundamental questions:
- Who are you, and who are we in your life?
- What can we do together to achieve a better life for you now, and in the future?
Person centred planning is a process of continual listening, and learning; focused on what is important to someone now, and for the future; and acting upon this in alliance with their family and friends.
How we apply our person centred approach
An Assured Quality Care care plan is created by listening and understanding what is important to the individual we are supporting. We also involve their loved ones, and other health and care professionals as needed so that we can work together.
We all think about, and plan our lives in different ways; some people have clear ideas about what they want to do and how they want to achieve it, whereas others may not and decide as they go along. It is important that we help everyone achieve their goals in the way they want to.
We spend time regularly talking with our customers and reviewing goals and outcomes, we can change care planning as and when required. This approach ensures that we are always helping in a way the best reflects their needs and wishes.
The five key features of person centred planning
We are committed to delivering the objectives and five key features of Person Centred Planning, which are:
- The client is always at the centre of the whole process; their rights and ability to make informed choices being integral to this.
- Family members and friends are full partners; their contribution and value is recognised and invited.
- Services are delivered in the context of the life each client chooses, both now and in their future; recognising the valuable contribution each person can make to their chosen community.
- There is a shared commitment to recognising and acting upon each person’s rights.
- The process is organic; it will grow and change according to the needs and aspirations of each person and the rate of change and growth will be determined by them.
Localised, reliable home care
We have a local, community based focus and specialise in the delivery of care within the South Leeds, Morley, Dewsbury, Batley and Wakefield areas. This allows us to provide a reliable, fexible and high-quality care service through our local care team.
Find out how we can help you today…
If you would like a chat, or more information about how we help, you can contact us to discuss your requirements, or arrange a free care assessment, at a time that suits you on 01138 300926.